Famous Last Words: Week 2

 Week 2:


We just finished up week 2 and I'm feeling pretty good! I'm tired but when am I not. A lot of my classes are starting to pick up the pace and with me being in 18 hours this semester, I'm starting to feel it! However, I'm enjoying a lot of my classes and I think a lot of the assignments will be interesting. I just hate the tedious stuff you know. The 3 homework assignments a day with a quiz sprinkled on top really start to add up. This class helps me unwind because I just get to tell stories and read other stories and connect with my classmates. 

Besides this class I'm really enjoying my American Indian Women Artists class. I'm half Choctaw so I really like and appreciate being able to take different Native studies classes so I can connect with my culture in a sense. We're learning about all of the different types of native art like beading and blankets to paintings and pottery. My least favorite class would probably be my Intro to Functions of a Complex Variable class (for obvious reasons). I really enjoy math but for some reason I'm having to work 100x harder just to understand it. It's rough right now but I think it will settle down soon and I'll be able to get the hang of it. I have my first quiz Tuesday so wish me luck.

I'm in my last semester at OU so it's really bittersweet. I felt like I was never gonna leave here and time was just dragging on but here I am. Every time my roommates and I talk about having to move out of our house in a few months we all have to immediately stop because we get too emotional. I mean, you spend 4 years of your life (5 for me) somewhere and then you're just supposed to pick up and leave. It's weird right? Or am I just too sentimental? Regardless, I'm really thankful for the friendships and relationships I've formed during my time here and I would be a completely different person without them. 

See ya next week :)

Bizzell Library: OU Daily


Comments